SECUINFRA Insights: What are the tasks of a Cyber Defense Consultant?
Cyber attacks have become an enormous threat to the German economy. Media Markt & Saturn, the camera manufacturer Basler AG and the automotive supplier Eberspächer are just three well-known examples of well-known companies that have fallen victim to cyber attacks in the past year. The protection of all corporate data against theft, extortion and manipulation is increasingly becoming one of the most important tasks in the IT sector.
For this reason, the expertise of cyber security specialists is in demand across all industries to sustainably protect companies from digital threats and build robust cyber resilience. However, few people know the details behind the job profiles of IT security specialists.
In today’s news article, our cyber defense experts provide an insight into their diverse and challenging remit.
The job as a Cyber Defense Consultant is one thing above all: varied! As part of our Cyber Defense team, you will be involved in the diverse task structure from day one. Your tasks include, for example, the development of detection logics for SIEM systems, the development and coordination of countermeasures in the event of IT security incidents, and advising our customers on strategic decisions.
As a Cyber Defense Consultant, your responsibilities together with our team include:
- SIEM Use Case Development: As a Cyber Defense Consultant you are responsible for the customized development of detection logics for SIEM systems.
- Analysis: You will be responsible for analyzing existing alarms in SIEM systems in one of our Cyber Defense Centers.
- Incident Management: When security incidents occur, you coordinate the necessary countermeasures.
- IT Forensics: If our customers report a security incident, you take over the analysis of allegedly compromised systems.
- SIEM Engineering: You are the contact person for our customers when it comes to the planning of SIEM projects and their support during operation.
- Consulting: You advise and support our customers in strategic IT security decisions.
It is characteristic for this cyber defense job that you will also partly take over several of the tasks listed here. However, you don’t need to worry about too many “construction sites” at the same time – because there is no one in our team who has to take on all tasks alone. Team players are in demand!
Have we aroused your interest? Then apply with us!
Click here for the current job offer of the Cyber Defense Consultant at SECUINFRA!